One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The amount of water vapor present in air expressed as a percentage of the amount needed for saturation at the same temperature.
- ‘A relative humidity of 70 percent or more at the wood surface is ideal for mildew growth.’
- ‘Weather conditions that favor fungal growth are an average daily temperature below 85°F and relative humidities above 90 percent.’
- ‘A relative humidity of 60 percent will alleviate the problem.’
- ‘There is no requirement for temperature, but the relative humidity in the area should not exceed 70%.’
- ‘Charts are available that show grain equilibrium moisture for different crops, temperatures and relative humidities.’
- ‘The average relative humidity was 78 per cent.’
- ‘Measuring the resulting dew point temperature confirmed a relative humidity higher than 30 percent.’
- ‘Maintaining a minimum relative humidity of 40% helps reduce water evaporation from the skin.’
- ‘The moisture in the breath of visitors could set off the corrosion cycle again, but the system keeps the relative humidity below 40 per cent.’
- ‘Average relative humidity is around 15 per cent (well below comfort zone levels) and minor earthquakes are common.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.