One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- Another term for atomic mass
- ‘Deuterium is a stable isotope of hydrogen with a relative atomic mass of 2.014102 compared to the atomic mass of protium, 1.007825.’
- ‘Avogadro's number is the number of particles present when the amount of material is the same as the atomic weight (or relative molecular mass, or relative atomic mass or weight) expressed in grams.’
- ‘A scientific conference in 1860 officially adopted a combined form of Dalton's and Avogadro's theories, and soon afterward chemists began creating an accurate compilation of relative atomic masses.’
- ‘It is much more convenient in these cases to use relative atomic masses.’
- ‘They vary in relative atomic mass from 139 to 175 (lutetium).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.