Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- Another term for atomic mass
- ‘They vary in relative atomic mass from 139 to 175 (lutetium).’
- ‘Deuterium is a stable isotope of hydrogen with a relative atomic mass of 2.014102 compared to the atomic mass of protium, 1.007825.’
- ‘It is much more convenient in these cases to use relative atomic masses.’
- ‘A scientific conference in 1860 officially adopted a combined form of Dalton's and Avogadro's theories, and soon afterward chemists began creating an accurate compilation of relative atomic masses.’
- ‘Avogadro's number is the number of particles present when the amount of material is the same as the atomic weight (or relative molecular mass, or relative atomic mass or weight) expressed in grams.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.