Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Concerning the way in which two or more people or things are connected.‘power is a relational concept that can only be understood in terms of interactions between individuals and groups’
- ‘Nominal concepts are relatively autonomous, whereas relational concepts display a high degree of conceptual dependence.’
- ‘I would say to him that my world is essentially relational, not personal.’
- ‘On the whole, locally upheld cultural ideals support a notion of the relational or connective self.’
- ‘These limitations to the concept of relational exchange are considered below.’
- ‘Married life is not only deeply relational, but it is also unpredictable.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.