An infectious bacterial disease marked by recurrent fever.
- ‘Typhus cases shot through the roof, as did diphtheria, relapsing fever, dysentery, cholera and so on.’
- ‘Russia's cities had seen epidemic outbreaks of typhus, relapsing fever, cholera, smallpox, and typhoid during its civil war, but these had largely subsided by 1920.’
- ‘Tick-borne diseases in the United States include Rocky Mountain spotted fever, Lyme disease, ehrlichiosis, tularemia, babesiosis, Colorado tick fever, and relapsing fever.’
- ‘The bacteria that cause relapsing fever are related to those bacteria that cause Lyme disease.’
- ‘Mites and ticks which feed on vertebrate hair or blood often carry disease organisms, such as spirochete bacteria, responsible for relapsing fever and Lyme disease.’