One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An infectious bacterial disease marked by recurrent fever.
The disease is caused by spirochetes of the genus Borrelia
- ‘The bacteria that cause relapsing fever are related to those bacteria that cause Lyme disease.’
- ‘Russia's cities had seen epidemic outbreaks of typhus, relapsing fever, cholera, smallpox, and typhoid during its civil war, but these had largely subsided by 1920.’
- ‘Tick-borne diseases in the United States include Rocky Mountain spotted fever, Lyme disease, ehrlichiosis, tularemia, babesiosis, Colorado tick fever, and relapsing fever.’
- ‘Typhus cases shot through the roof, as did diphtheria, relapsing fever, dysentery, cholera and so on.’
- ‘Mites and ticks which feed on vertebrate hair or blood often carry disease organisms, such as spirochete bacteria, responsible for relapsing fever and Lyme disease.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.