One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A medical condition typically affecting young men, characterized by arthritis, conjunctivitis, and urethritis, and caused by an unknown pathogen, possibly a chlamydia.
- ‘Many people who get an infection that can cause Reiter's syndrome will not go on to develop the condition.’
- ‘There is an association of Reiter's disease with HIV infection, and arthritis may be present before symptoms or signs related to the HIV infection appear.’
- ‘Immunologic diseases such as Reiter's syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis and rheumatic fever can also cause knee effusion.’
- ‘Sclerotic changes are also noted, but ankylosis or erosions do not usually develop as they do in spondyloarthropathies such as ankylosing spondylitis, psoriasis or Reiter's syndrome.’
- ‘Bilateral disease in young patients may indicate Reiter's syndrome.’
1920s: named after Hans Reiter (1881–1969), German bacteriologist.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.