One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of putting the profit made on a previous investment back into the same place.‘future reinvestment in new technologies’
- ‘One set of institutions monitored the compliance of the parties to their agreement to exchange wage moderation for the reinvestment of profits.’
- ‘Be sure on the application to request reinvestment of all dividends.’
- ‘He calls the conservation effort a "reinvestment" in the ranch's long-term health.’
- ‘"We will continue to grow our group with reinvestment," he said, adding, "continuous improvement is part of our business ethics."’
- ‘Those making the shift to resource reinvestment are not just doing good, they are also reaping profits.’
- ‘Dividend reinvestment plans, or DRIPs, allow investors to build investment portfolios by reinvesting dividends into more shares.’
- ‘Venezuela has quite a diversified industrial sector, largely due to its reinvestment of oil resources.’
- ‘This will deliver significant savings to the public purse for reinvestment in front-line services.’
- ‘He cited many examples of national airlines requiring reinvestments by their owners, in each case the respective government of that country.’
- ‘The company provided an 11.5% average annualized total return, which includes reinvestment of dividends.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.