One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Waste a great deal of time or effort in creating something that already exists.
- ‘We can create applications that service all our Web sites rather than reinvent the wheel for each one.’
- ‘I have dedicated myself to learning from other people's experiences so that I do not waste time trying to reinvent the wheel.’
- ‘Developers can create amazing things but must reinvent the wheel for each project.’
- ‘It forces companies to reinvent the wheel, or spend time and money solving problems already solved in the past.’
- ‘Not to do that would be to waste a lot of time and money reinventing the wheel.’
- ‘It is no longer viable to reinvent the wheel, create stovepipes or work apart from other agencies and jurisdictions.’
- ‘‘We don't try to reinvent the wheel and create new online resources,’ says Jacka.’
- ‘I'm a great believer in finding out what works well and then doing more of it, because we can otherwise waste a lot of time reinventing the wheel.’
- ‘Karlsson argues that at the moment most developers create routine products by themselves, perpetually reinventing the wheel.’
- ‘Will others squander valuable time reinventing the wheel because existing data never saw the light of day?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.