One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Hence, the therapist will often help the caregivers develop increased family structure, operationalize desired youth behavior, and identify natural reinforcers to be linked with desired behavior.’
- ‘They trained a rat to press a bar, using pellets of food as reinforcers.’
- ‘For an intelligent and sensitive child, merely withholding praise and approval can be powerful negative reinforcers that are much more effective than angry words and harsh language.’
- ‘Treats are often used as reinforcers, but praise, such as ‘good dog’ or a pat on the head, can also be effective rewards.’
- ‘Because they are convenient, practical and can be highly effective, social reinforcers are the most widely accepted and frequently used type of reinforcer in the early childhood classroom.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.