One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A healing technique based on the principle that the therapist can channel energy into the patient by means of touch, to activate the natural healing processes of the patient's body and restore physical and emotional well-being.
- ‘A new personal development and stress management course, which includes, aromatherapy, reflexology, reiki and relaxation will begin this month in the Parish Centre.’
- ‘She fascinated me with talk of rolfing, reiki, hollotropic breathing and other exotic phenomena.’
- ‘Participants can also use the hotel's leisure centre and swimming pool as well as their health and beauty centre which has massage, reiki, reflexology, etc. available.’
- ‘The women can choose from Swedish massage, reiki, therapeutic massage, aromatherapy, Indian head massage and reflexology.’
- ‘‘I'm a very spiritual person,’ says Brenda, who is qualified to practise reflexology, massage, Indian head massage and reiki.’
- ‘Besides, to increase concentration, she does yoga and reiki regularly.’
- ‘We got to talking, and she performed reiki [a New Age method that uses personal energy to heal] on me right there in the store.’
- ‘In addition, participants were asked to avoid using other energetic therapies such as acupuncture, therapeutic touch, massage, reiki, and reflexology.’
- ‘You can have Thai or an Indian head massage, reiki or an entire algae wrap.’
- ‘Various alternative therapies including reiki, breathwork, and acupuncture are quickly emerging as alternatives to conventional allopathic medical treatments.’
- ‘Gwendoline is a holistic healer, reiki master, teacher and practitioner of Light Divine Healing.’
Japanese, literally ‘universal life energy’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.