Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A healing technique based on the principle that the therapist can channel energy into the patient by means of touch, to activate the natural healing processes of the patient's body and restore physical and emotional well-being.
- ‘Participants can also use the hotel's leisure centre and swimming pool as well as their health and beauty centre which has massage, reiki, reflexology, etc. available.’
- ‘The women can choose from Swedish massage, reiki, therapeutic massage, aromatherapy, Indian head massage and reflexology.’
- ‘You can have Thai or an Indian head massage, reiki or an entire algae wrap.’
- ‘Various alternative therapies including reiki, breathwork, and acupuncture are quickly emerging as alternatives to conventional allopathic medical treatments.’
- ‘In addition, participants were asked to avoid using other energetic therapies such as acupuncture, therapeutic touch, massage, reiki, and reflexology.’
- ‘‘I'm a very spiritual person,’ says Brenda, who is qualified to practise reflexology, massage, Indian head massage and reiki.’
- ‘She fascinated me with talk of rolfing, reiki, hollotropic breathing and other exotic phenomena.’
- ‘Besides, to increase concentration, she does yoga and reiki regularly.’
- ‘Gwendoline is a holistic healer, reiki master, teacher and practitioner of Light Divine Healing.’
- ‘We got to talking, and she performed reiki [a New Age method that uses personal energy to heal] on me right there in the store.’
- ‘A new personal development and stress management course, which includes, aromatherapy, reflexology, reiki and relaxation will begin this month in the Parish Centre.’
Japanese, literally universal life energy.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.