One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Renewed growth or expansion.‘pinch off dead blooms to encourage regrowth’‘hair regrowth’‘projects to stimulate the regrowth of the economy’
- ‘He had dyed blood-red hair but you could see black regrowth showing through at the roots.’
- ‘He spied within the tech sector rubble the seeds of regrowth.’
- ‘Once an area has been cleared of weeds, measures should be taken to prevent immediate regrowth.’
- ‘Turnip regrowth is initiated at the top of the root.’
- ‘Leave 6 to 10 inches of stubble to promote rapid regrowth of rape.’
- ‘Pastures still look good and alfalfa regrowth is looking very good.’
- ‘This year timely rain provided for regrowth of grasses.’
- ‘This might lead to new ways of thinking about limb regrowth in humans.’
- ‘The pine forests of the Sierra Juarez depend upon fire for successful regrowth.’
- ‘Other proteins in wallaby milk may yield treatments to prod bone regrowth in osteoporosis patients.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.