One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Heavy use of close-ups and a restlessly moving camera consistently evoke a sense of ‘now,’ which lends the regretfulness and nostalgia of the film's later sequences a great deal of power.’
- ‘The hateful look in her blue eyes disappeared suddenly, replaced by one of respect and regretfulness, but only for an instant.’
- ‘I am truly contrite, penitent, repentant, remorseful and steeped in the tears of my regretfulness.’
- ‘He was standing above me with genuine pity and regretfulness.’
- ‘A pain of regretfulness hit me and I looked at Reese sympathetically.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.