Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Metamorphism affecting rocks over an extensive area as a result of the large-scale action of heat and pressure.Compare with contact metamorphism
- ‘Field relations indicate that intrusion post-dated the peak of regional metamorphism and the main foliation-forming event.’
- ‘The succession has experienced both a low temperature, but relatively high-pressure, regional metamorphism (up to garnet zone) and a phase of earlier hydrothermal metamorphism.’
- ‘Orogenic or anorogenic, there was much deformation and regional metamorphism both before and during the intrusion of plutons between 1.36 and 1.47 billion years ago.’
- ‘Two phases of regional metamorphism are related to their respective episodes of penetrative deformation in the southern Central Iberian Zone.’
- ‘One occurrence seems unrelated to igneous activity and may be the result of regional metamorphism of dolomite- and anhydrite-rich evaporites.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.