One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Metamorphism affecting rocks over an extensive area as a result of the large-scale action of heat and pressure.Compare with contact metamorphism
- ‘Orogenic or anorogenic, there was much deformation and regional metamorphism both before and during the intrusion of plutons between 1.36 and 1.47 billion years ago.’
- ‘One occurrence seems unrelated to igneous activity and may be the result of regional metamorphism of dolomite- and anhydrite-rich evaporites.’
- ‘The succession has experienced both a low temperature, but relatively high-pressure, regional metamorphism (up to garnet zone) and a phase of earlier hydrothermal metamorphism.’
- ‘Two phases of regional metamorphism are related to their respective episodes of penetrative deformation in the southern Central Iberian Zone.’
- ‘Field relations indicate that intrusion post-dated the peak of regional metamorphism and the main foliation-forming event.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.