One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The replacement of one administration or government by another, especially by means of military force.
- ‘Is that what he is saying, or is he saying he supports finishing the job and supports a regime change?’
- ‘I think that's the heart of it, and with a policy of regime change, he's more or less said so.’
- ‘This has not been a good year for regime change, pre-emptive war and unilateral intervention.’
- ‘The movie closes with an extended sequence where the new ruling class celebrates its empty regime change at a sumptuous ball.’
- ‘These are voters ready to turn anger into action, to work for a regime change here at home.’
- ‘If the goal of our leaders continues to be regime change, then let regime change begin at home.’
- ‘Preemption requires troops to march on an enemy capital and carry out regime change.’
- ‘There is undoubtedly a desire among various elements of the US government to see regime change in Iran.’
- ‘Simply put, just as regimes come in many forms, so too do the tools of regime change.’
- ‘If you really want a regime change in Britain, you have to act, to confront the police and authorities.’
- ‘The resounding clear remit for this war was WMD, not for regime change or to impose democracy.’
- ‘Others argue that the process is inherently flawed and that disarmament by regime change is the only realistic way forward.’
- ‘As for regime change, it is best viewed as a complement to diplomacy and deterrence.’
- ‘That in itself is proliferation, and it is linked to the aggressive doctrine of regime change.’
- ‘Examines the role of regimes in an interdependent world, advancing four models to account for regime change.’
- ‘To adapt an old legal phrase, the man on the Lima omnibus is against war for regime change.’
- ‘An occasional catalyst for regime change during the colonial era was the mass strike.’
- ‘On this level, France would have preferred no regime change and a lifting of sanctions to get back to business as usual.’
- ‘This is not the first time that the people of Iraq have had a regime change.’
- ‘The reasons for it are still headlines today - regime change and international terrorism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.