One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Did singing a regicidal song mean that the singer was himself a regicide?’
- ‘To have convicted Crosfeild for singing a regicidal song would have been unjust and even preposterous, so that at least legally there has to be some kind of aesthetic dispensation, aesthetic free space for strong expressions.’
- ‘The plot of the novel is told in two threads, one where the protagonist is a Doctor in the service of a King and the other where the hero is a bodyguard to a regicidal Protector General.’
- ‘No less disturbing was the loss of public esteem for the king, who became the butt of popular insults, placards, and graffiti - some of it regicidal in tone.’
- ‘His head was displayed on a pike near Westminster Hall, the scene (according to taste) of either his greatest triumph or his most monstrous regicidal crime.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.