One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His head was displayed on a pike near Westminster Hall, the scene (according to taste) of either his greatest triumph or his most monstrous regicidal crime.’
- ‘The plot of the novel is told in two threads, one where the protagonist is a Doctor in the service of a King and the other where the hero is a bodyguard to a regicidal Protector General.’
- ‘No less disturbing was the loss of public esteem for the king, who became the butt of popular insults, placards, and graffiti - some of it regicidal in tone.’
- ‘To have convicted Crosfeild for singing a regicidal song would have been unjust and even preposterous, so that at least legally there has to be some kind of aesthetic dispensation, aesthetic free space for strong expressions.’
- ‘Did singing a regicidal song mean that the singer was himself a regicide?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.