One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A regular expression.
- ‘Despite their undeniable power, regexps aren't a procedural programming language.’
- ‘Stating a regex in terms of what you don't want to match is a bit harder.’
- ‘And I finally use regexps instead of one-off string manipulation functions.’
- ‘This rules out a lot of potential uses, or at least relegates regexps to a helper role.’
- ‘I got the script to work, including a (for me) complicated regex that worked on the first try.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.