Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A regular expression.
- ‘Stating a regex in terms of what you don't want to match is a bit harder.’
- ‘This rules out a lot of potential uses, or at least relegates regexps to a helper role.’
- ‘And I finally use regexps instead of one-off string manipulation functions.’
- ‘Despite their undeniable power, regexps aren't a procedural programming language.’
- ‘I got the script to work, including a (for me) complicated regex that worked on the first try.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.