One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A method of braking in which energy is extracted from the parts braked, to be stored and reused.
- ‘In addition, regenerative braking captures energy from the internal-combustion mode and stores it in the batteries.’
- ‘The battery pack, power electronics, regenerative braking and motor technology are identical.’
- ‘Liquid fuel burning fuel cells could even work in hybrid vehicles with batteries providing increased efficiency through regenerative braking.’
- ‘Hybrid vehicles get part of their fuel efficiency boost from regenerative braking.’
- ‘While regenerative braking (taking the change in velocity that's created when the car slows down and turning it into electricity) is one way a hybrid charges its battery, it's not the only way.’
- ‘This process, called regenerative braking, further increases the efficiency of electric propulsion and cannot be duplicated using other technologies.’
- ‘The electricity comes from regenerative braking; basically, it comes from the gas-burning engine of the car itself.’
- ‘The '04 Prius uses a new version of regenerative braking called electrically controlled braking.’
- ‘As in the truck system, regenerative braking charges a separate storage battery (36V PbA in this case), and accessories are battery powered when the engine is off.’
- ‘The vehicle is equipped with regenerative braking and comes with an electrically-powered air conditioning system.’
- ‘Advantages include functions such as start/stop, energy recuperation by regenerative braking and electric powered driving, all with a compact design.’
- ‘Running costs are lower: the Capstone Turbine is air-cooled and uses no oil; regenerative braking eliminates the cost of brake pad replacements.’
- ‘The diesel engine recharges the battery as does regenerative braking.’
- ‘In return, the motor also sends power back to the batteries during regenerative braking.’
- ‘This powertrain gives Precept instantaneous torque, plus four-wheel regenerative braking.’
- ‘Vehicle integration teams must provide seamless integration of transaxle, battery, motors, power electronics and regenerative braking in order to meet performance requirements’
- ‘The main benefits of a hybrid are regenerative braking and start-stop operation.’
- ‘A brake control apparatus is configured to suppress fluctuations in the deceleration when transferring from cooperative braking to regenerative braking or hydraulic braking.’
- ‘The energy captured through regenerative braking and being able to shut off the engine at idle improves fuel economy by up to 15%.’
- ‘The electric motor is powered by batteries that are recharged automatically by recapturing the kinetic energy usually lost during braking, known as regenerative braking.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.