One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The period of the French Regency (1715–23)‘the practice originated during the Régence’
- ‘The transitional period between the opulent baroque period and the less formal rococo era of Louis XV became known as French Régence.’
- ‘The atmosphere of the Régence is effectively gone.’
- ‘It spans the length of the 18th century from the Régence through the Louis XV, Transitional, and Louis XVI periods.’
- ‘During the period of the Régence, the designs continue to be heavy.’
- ‘The salient feature of the Régence is its transitional character.’
Relating to or denoting a style of clothing, furniture, and interior decoration characteristic of the era of the French Regency.‘a Régence giltwood table’
- ‘Régence frames were extremely popular, marked for their delicacy and opulence.’
- ‘The former is seen in the rectilinear and symmetrical designs, including some carvings and moldings that are formed with characteristic Régence strapwork, grotesques, and classical motifs from antiquity.’
- ‘One of the masterpieces of Régence design, the Galerie Dorée in the Hotel de Toulouse in Paris was redecorated by Vassé under de Cotte.’
- ‘He brings a Régence armoire by Charles Cressent.’
- ‘Régence and rococo frame styles were reinterpreted for mass production.’
- ‘The grand salon is richly decorated in the Régence and rococo styles popular in France during the 1730s.’
- ‘It is furnished with the likes of the most monumental of regulator clocks, a lavishly carved Régence centre table and a chandelier lacquered blue and bearing eight lights.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.