Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Without paying attention to the present situation; despite the prevailing circumstances.‘they were determined to carry on regardless’
anyway, anyhow, in any case, nevertheless, nonetheless, notwithstanding, despite everything, in spite of everything, for all that, after everything, no matter what, even so, just the same, all the same, be that as it may, in any event, come what may, rain or shine, come rain or shine, whatever the costView synonyms
- ‘Whatever pressure groups and politics decide, the science will go on regardless.’
- ‘When we started we genuinely could not play at all but we all enjoyed it so much we carried on regardless.’
- ‘That smacks of either a high degree of confidence, or resignation that a bloody nose is on its way regardless.’
- ‘She had a choice; she could either live carefully and pray, or carry on regardless.’
- ‘He said it seemed the plan would go ahead regardless as the sign had already been erected.’
- ‘It decided to carry on regardless with the improvement work it had set out to do.’
- ‘I chose to blot out the sound of cold water being poured on my words of admiration, and carried on regardless.’
- ‘Sertori is aware the City fans were questioning his role as a striker but vowed to carry on regardless.’
- ‘He warned that if the authority did not change its stance, he would put in an application regardless.’
- ‘I munch on regardless and this morning, I wake up feeling sick with stomach cramps.’
- ‘Thus, there is no reason for any of us to work because we will make the same, regardless.’
- ‘Rodney would probably take the job regardless but also has had at least one other job offer.’
- ‘Is there a scene that you consider yourself a part of, or do you just do your thing regardless?’
- ‘Spike pressed ahead regardless, scrubbing a virginal white spot into the dingy patio.’
- ‘Or do you just keep going regardless when it's just a general cold virus no matter how severe?’
- ‘The band didn't flounder as emergency supplies kicked in, and carried on regardless.’
- ‘What I normally do in these circumstances is grit my teeth and carry on regardless.’
- ‘At this point she clamps a hand over her mouth but then carries on regardless.’
- ‘Teaching staff expected little or nothing from them and battled on regardless.’
- ‘Or will we just keep buying regardless, carried away by the cheap thrill of it all?’
Without regard or consideration for.‘the allowance is paid regardless of age or income’irrespective of, without regard to, without reference to, disregarding, unmindful of, heedless of, careless about, careless of, indifferent to, unconcerned about, without consideration of, negligent of, setting aside, discounting, ignoring, notwithstanding, no matter, despite, in spite of, for allView synonyms
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.