One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Queen waved regally and almost everyone waved back.’
- ‘She was driven through the city, waving regally at her subjects who thronged the parched sidewalks on that hot summer's day.’
- ‘She started life in Lewisham but is now living regally in a divine 17 th-century château in France.’
- ‘We could happily have pottered about the site for most of our four-day break, swimming, playing footie and watching the yachts float regally by.’
- ‘As the final ball landed, she stood stunned on the baseline and then walked slowly and regally to congratulate Henin-Hardenne, embracing her and offering many words of praise.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.