One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pinto beans boiled and fried in advance and reheated when required, used especially in Mexican cooking.
- ‘Drain and rinse canned kidney beans and toss into salads; scoop canned, fat-free refried beans and salsa into whole-grain tortillas for healthful homemade burritos.’
- ‘The long menu runs from Mexican nachos with refried beans to Indian thalis, Greek salads and Middle Eastern meze.’
- ‘Other nonperishable items include cans of hearty bean soup, tuna, refried beans and even packets of instant oatmeal.’
- ‘They offer to concoct an authentic supper of refried beans and chorizo omelette.’
- ‘Diners can plump for potluck plates of refried beans, Spanish tortilla and crisps, olives, salads, breads and pates.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.