One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The frequency with which the image on a computer monitor or similar electronic display screen is refreshed, usually expressed in hertz.
- ‘Apart from the limitations of the screen itself, display resolution and refresh rates are also affected by the graphics card in the computer.’
- ‘I do have a TV licence, and I don't have a TV card, but I'd be interested to know how they would expect to detect a TV signal displayed at a random refresh rate on a monitor at a random size?’
- ‘On my machine, it runs at 85 frames/second, which matches the refresh rate of my monitor.’
- ‘Computer monitors generally have a refresh rate of at least 60 Hz, meaning the screen is refreshed at least 60 times a second.’
- ‘The difference between the refresh rate of the monitor and the refresh rate of your vision is called the beat frequency.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.