1(in word processing) the action of rearranging text on a page after having changed such features as type size, line length, and spacing.
A soldering technique in which surface-mount components are held in position on a circuit board using a paste containing solder that melts to form soldered joints when the circuit board is heated.
- ‘The underside of the MCM is covered with a grid of solder ball contacts that have a relatively coarse spacing of 2-3 mm and can be attached to a circuit board using standard SMD or solder reflow techniques.’
- ‘Various techniques are available for hermetic sealing include resistance welding and solder reflow.’
- ‘This will use short pins into placing holes with a solder reflow process rather than the through hole pressfit technique which usually means hand insertion but gives more mechanical strength.’
- ‘The instrument and method may be used in the manufacture of integrated circuits, for instance in determining how much time an integrated circuit package spends between an equilibration temperature and a reflow temperature.’
- ‘During reflow of the solder joints of the electronic module by heating, the modified passivation reacts with the polyamine at the amine functionality.’
1(in word processing) rearrange (text) on a page, having changed such features as type size, line length, and spacing.
- ‘This means constantly reflowing the displayed elements, which may be delivered out of order (a problem word processors don't have).’
Attach (a surface-mount component) using the reflow technique.
- ‘This is a method and apparatus for assembling ball grid array components on printed circuit boards by reflowing before placement’
- ‘I took some advice from the usually spot-on Simon and spent a pleasant two hours reflowing the solder on the circuit board in the hope of finding the dry joint… but to no avail.’
- ‘The electronics industry utilizes hot gas soldering to reflow or melt solder in localized areas on circuit assemblies.’
- ‘An anneal procedure is then performed resulting in a planar top surface topography of the reflowed BPSG layer.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.