One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in word processing) the action of rearranging text on a page after having changed such features as type size, line length, and spacing.
A soldering technique in which surface-mount components are held in position on a circuit board using a paste containing solder which melts to form soldered joints when the circuit board is heated.
- ‘The underside of the MCM is covered with a grid of solder ball contacts that have a relatively coarse spacing of 2-3 mm and can be attached to a circuit board using standard SMD or solder reflow techniques.’
- ‘During reflow of the solder joints of the electronic module by heating, the modified passivation reacts with the polyamine at the amine functionality.’
- ‘The instrument and method may be used in the manufacture of integrated circuits, for instance in determining how much time an integrated circuit package spends between an equilibration temperature and a reflow temperature.’
- ‘This will use short pins into placing holes with a solder reflow process rather than the through hole pressfit technique which usually means hand insertion but gives more mechanical strength.’
- ‘Various techniques are available for hermetic sealing include resistance welding and solder reflow.’
(in word processing) rearrange (text) on a page, having changed such features as type size, line length, and spacing.
- ‘This means constantly reflowing the displayed elements, which may be delivered out of order (a problem word processors don't have).’
Attach (a surface-mount component) using the reflow technique.
- ‘An anneal procedure is then performed resulting in a planar top surface topography of the reflowed BPSG layer.’
- ‘This is a method and apparatus for assembling ball grid array components on printed circuit boards by reflowing before placement’
- ‘The electronics industry utilizes hot gas soldering to reflow or melt solder in localized areas on circuit assemblies.’
- ‘I took some advice from the usually spot-on Simon and spent a pleasant two hours reflowing the solder on the circuit board in the hope of finding the dry joint… but to no avail.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.