One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A system of massage used to relieve tension and treat illness, based on the theory that there are reflex points on the feet, hands, and head linked to every part of the body.
- ‘I explained that reflexology encourages the body to release waste matter and promote self-healing.’
- ‘Pippa Watt runs the York School of Complementary Medicine and teaches aromatherapy, reflexology and massage’
- ‘By prior arrangement, you can have an aromatherapy massage, reflexology, shiatsu or reiki while you are there, for £25 - £35.’
- ‘These treatments include massage therapy consisting of hand, foot and facial massages using reflexology techniques to relieve stress and promote healing in specific areas of the body.’
- ‘I am a great believer in the power of massage so the theory of reflexology boosting the immune system and helping to detoxify the body all makes sense to me.’
- ‘There will be a chance to try advanced reflexology, aromatherapy, Shiatsu massage, Indian head massage and sports therapy.’
- ‘In common with many alternative medicines, reflexology is geared to treating the whole patient, rather than the purely physical manifestations of illness.’
- ‘Other treatments include Swedish body massage and reflexology.’
- ‘Patients received either reflexology or standard foot massage; a criterion for eligibility for randomisation was that they had not had either treatment before.’
- ‘As well as a programme of seminars, exhibitions and networking sessions, there will also be the launch of a new work/life balance zone with information on reflexology, aromatherapy and shiatsu massage.’
- ‘Other treatments include acupuncture, baby massage, homeopathy and reflexology and there's free herbal tea for those seeking instant well-being.’
- ‘As well as counselling and advice, clients are also offered complementary therapies, such as shiatsu massage and reflexology.’
- ‘Massage, aromatherapy or reflexology courses have anatomy and physiology components that vary from 12 to 30 week courses.’
- ‘For example, you may wish to investigate various therapies, such as shiatsu, reflexology and remedial massage, and perhaps to include with these some form of counselling or personal development work.’
- ‘There are three spa treatments included in the package: a full body massage or reflexology treatment, a body wrap and a full facial.’
- ‘On the other hand, they can take advantage of optional extras like massage, reflexology, private yoga lessons, Ayurvedic consultations and life counselling.’
- ‘During his breakdown I had worked with him frequently using reflexology and massage.’
- ‘In Scandinavia, most progressive companies have therapists who regularly support the staff with sessions of aromatherapy, massage and reflexology.’
- ‘From these therapies they have selected four - massage, aromatherapy, acupressure and reflexology - that can be safely and effectively performed at home without prior training.’
- ‘The Andromeda Health and Beauty Centre at the Annabelle Hotel, for example offers beauty treatments, reflexology, aromatherapy, massage and thalassotherapy treatments.’
The scientific study of reflex action as it affects behavior.
- ‘Bekhterev's reflexology had pretensions to explain social phenomena, and could thus be denounced as a heretical challenger to historical materialism.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.