Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1A system of massage used to relieve tension and treat illness, based on the theory that there are reflex points on the feet, hands, and head linked to every part of the body.
- ‘Massage, aromatherapy or reflexology courses have anatomy and physiology components that vary from 12 to 30 week courses.’
- ‘In Scandinavia, most progressive companies have therapists who regularly support the staff with sessions of aromatherapy, massage and reflexology.’
- ‘I am a great believer in the power of massage so the theory of reflexology boosting the immune system and helping to detoxify the body all makes sense to me.’
- ‘There will be a chance to try advanced reflexology, aromatherapy, Shiatsu massage, Indian head massage and sports therapy.’
- ‘Patients received either reflexology or standard foot massage; a criterion for eligibility for randomisation was that they had not had either treatment before.’
- ‘Other treatments include acupuncture, baby massage, homeopathy and reflexology and there's free herbal tea for those seeking instant well-being.’
- ‘From these therapies they have selected four - massage, aromatherapy, acupressure and reflexology - that can be safely and effectively performed at home without prior training.’
- ‘As well as counselling and advice, clients are also offered complementary therapies, such as shiatsu massage and reflexology.’
- ‘As well as a programme of seminars, exhibitions and networking sessions, there will also be the launch of a new work/life balance zone with information on reflexology, aromatherapy and shiatsu massage.’
- ‘For example, you may wish to investigate various therapies, such as shiatsu, reflexology and remedial massage, and perhaps to include with these some form of counselling or personal development work.’
- ‘I explained that reflexology encourages the body to release waste matter and promote self-healing.’
- ‘Other treatments include Swedish body massage and reflexology.’
- ‘During his breakdown I had worked with him frequently using reflexology and massage.’
- ‘By prior arrangement, you can have an aromatherapy massage, reflexology, shiatsu or reiki while you are there, for £25 - £35.’
- ‘On the other hand, they can take advantage of optional extras like massage, reflexology, private yoga lessons, Ayurvedic consultations and life counselling.’
- ‘There are three spa treatments included in the package: a full body massage or reflexology treatment, a body wrap and a full facial.’
- ‘These treatments include massage therapy consisting of hand, foot and facial massages using reflexology techniques to relieve stress and promote healing in specific areas of the body.’
- ‘Pippa Watt runs the York School of Complementary Medicine and teaches aromatherapy, reflexology and massage’
- ‘In common with many alternative medicines, reflexology is geared to treating the whole patient, rather than the purely physical manifestations of illness.’
- ‘The Andromeda Health and Beauty Centre at the Annabelle Hotel, for example offers beauty treatments, reflexology, aromatherapy, massage and thalassotherapy treatments.’
The scientific study of reflex action as it affects behavior.
- ‘Bekhterev's reflexology had pretensions to explain social phenomena, and could thus be denounced as a heretical challenger to historical materialism.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.