Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A camera with a ground glass focusing screen on which the image is formed by a combination of lens and mirror, enabling the scene to be correctly composed and focused.
- ‘When he was able to he bought a single lens reflex camera and the first camera club he joined was in Benoni.’
- ‘What I wanted was what my eye was accustomed to from years ago which were images produced by a SLR, a single lens reflex camera.’
- ‘The slides were photographed with a Pentax 35 mm single lens reflex camera attached to a Zeiss compound microscope.’
- ‘It is surprising the number of editors that have accepted work shot on these little cameras thinking that the pictures were taken with a larger single lens reflex camera.’
- ‘I used about all of the Asian produced single lens reflex cameras available around that time, but none was as sharp and clear, nor as forgiving as my Leica.’
reflex camera/ˈrēˌfleks ˌkam(ə)rə/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.