Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The property of reflecting light or radiation, especially reflectance as measured independently of the thickness of a material.
- ‘These variations between the two bands depend on emissivity and reflectivity of the materials that make up the target and/or background.’
- ‘When polished, silver has the highest-known reflectivity of visible light.’
- ‘Light reflectivity is another key performance area.’
- ‘Aluminum has a light reflectivity of over 80 percent, which has led to its wide use in lighting fixtures.’
- ‘This application involves measuring the reflectivity of monochromatic x-rays as a function of the incident angle.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.