One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The property of reflecting light or radiation, especially reflectance as measured independently of the thickness of a material.
- ‘Light reflectivity is another key performance area.’
- ‘These variations between the two bands depend on emissivity and reflectivity of the materials that make up the target and/or background.’
- ‘This application involves measuring the reflectivity of monochromatic x-rays as a function of the incident angle.’
- ‘When polished, silver has the highest-known reflectivity of visible light.’
- ‘Aluminum has a light reflectivity of over 80 percent, which has led to its wide use in lighting fixtures.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.