One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The property of reflecting light or radiation, especially reflectance as measured independently of the thickness of a material.
- ‘Aluminum has a light reflectivity of over 80 percent, which has led to its wide use in lighting fixtures.’
- ‘This application involves measuring the reflectivity of monochromatic x-rays as a function of the incident angle.’
- ‘These variations between the two bands depend on emissivity and reflectivity of the materials that make up the target and/or background.’
- ‘When polished, silver has the highest-known reflectivity of visible light.’
- ‘Light reflectivity is another key performance area.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.