One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘I don't think you were wise to do that,’ he said reflectively.’
- ‘‘That is the great tragedy of our time,’ mused Hubert reflectively.’
- ‘Renouncing the power of the institutional boundaries of disciplines, the critic or analyst will draw on disciplines as needed, critically and reflectively appropriating the most useful perspectives and methods.’
- ‘The midwesterners who composed Canby's army were probably among the more racist members of the Union army, but in diaries and letters home they reflectively pondered the performance of their fellow soldiers as peace loomed.’
- ‘If we have our students articulate their goals and think critically and reflectively about their internship experiences, then they will connect the classroom lessons with the larger world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.