One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The measure of the proportion of light or other radiation striking a surface which is reflected off it.
- ‘So, given the measured reflectance and the predicted reflectance, one can calculate the contrasts of the collected species in the water.’
- ‘Even the highest measured reflectances at blue-green wavelength were five times too low.’
- ‘The peculiar reflectance of infrared radiation by plants forms the main source of remotely sensed information about the biosphere on land.’
- ‘Chroma, a measure of spectral purity, is the ratio of the total reflectance in the range of interest and the total reflectance of the entire spectrum.’
- ‘Instead it measured the diffuse reflectance, which is relatively independent of the angles of illumination and measurement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.