One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There's more than enough here to keep the faithful busy for hours; even a Tune-book of Swarb tunes transcribed for budding reelers!’
- ‘In the first flush of fame, when virtually anything he appeared in would be a hit, he spent more on his two-reelers than other directors did on feature films.’
- ‘In a survey of the Florentine silk industry in 1663, 78 per cent of adult weavers were women, as were 65 per cent of throwsters, and apparently all 8,004 reelers of silk for thread, including 3,288 girls under the age of 15.’
- ‘The Newcastle firm is a global supplier of large winches, umbilical reelers and handling equipment.’
- ‘As reelers, the boys dip their hands into scalding water and palpate the silk cocoons, sensing by touch whether the fine silk threads have loosened enough to be unwound.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.