One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1another term for minimalism
- ‘But art is far too elusive for this reductivism.’
- ‘For those who accept Greenberg's formulation, it is possible to regard modernism as having come to an end in the extreme reductivism of Minimal art.’
- ‘She was an artist ahead of her time, a modernist who used minimalism and anticipated the reductivism of the 1970s.’
- ‘But for all her reductivism, Thomas was a champion of sensory perception.’
- ‘Noting that the pieces are the very essence of reductivism, he concludes approvingly, ‘It would be hard to do less.’’
2another term for reductionism
- ‘The temptation of epigrammatical reductivism as a means of describing this ‘careless’ loss of yet another judge is only worth resisting if, unlike Wilde, one can resist anything including temptation.’
- ‘The Sixties colluded with the crudest Freudian reductivism - or reduction of Freud - in insisting that what we really want can be cashed out in biological terms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.