One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1another term for minimalism
- ‘For those who accept Greenberg's formulation, it is possible to regard modernism as having come to an end in the extreme reductivism of Minimal art.’
- ‘But art is far too elusive for this reductivism.’
- ‘But for all her reductivism, Thomas was a champion of sensory perception.’
- ‘Noting that the pieces are the very essence of reductivism, he concludes approvingly, ‘It would be hard to do less.’’
- ‘She was an artist ahead of her time, a modernist who used minimalism and anticipated the reductivism of the 1970s.’
2another term for reductionism
- ‘The Sixties colluded with the crudest Freudian reductivism - or reduction of Freud - in insisting that what we really want can be cashed out in biological terms.’
- ‘The temptation of epigrammatical reductivism as a means of describing this ‘careless’ loss of yet another judge is only worth resisting if, unlike Wilde, one can resist anything including temptation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.