One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually as modifier A process in which one substance or molecule is reduced and another oxidized; oxidation and reduction considered together as complimentary processes.‘redox reactions involve electron transfer’
- ‘These metals are essential for most redox reactions which, in turn, are fundamental to cellular function.’
- ‘Instead it has been proposed that extension is a result of active redox processes.’
- ‘In every redox reaction, an atom must increase its oxidation state and an atom must decrease its oxidation state.’
- ‘Species that participate in redox reactions are described as either reducing or oxidizing agents.’
- ‘Bacterial redox reactions with minerals are already being exploited in mining low grade or inaccessible ores.’
1920s: blend of reduction and oxidation.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.