One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dissolve or cause to dissolve again.
- ‘The residue was redissolved in 0.5 ml of hexane and analysed by gas-liquid chromatography.’
- ‘The hexane extract was evaporated, redissolved in chloroform and passed through a short silica gel column.’
- ‘Eluents were dried at 35°C under vacuum and redissolved in 1 ml distilled water.’
- ‘The chelate precipitate was centrifuged, redissolved in water at pH 7.2 and made up to 500 ml.’
- ‘The cleaner works by redissolving the metallic stain.’
- ‘Subsequently, two rounds of phenol/chloroform extraction were performed, and DNA was recovered by ethanol precipitation, dried, and redissolved in water.’
- ‘The ethanol extracts were combined, the ethanol evaporated and the sugars redissolved in deionized water.’
- ‘The extracellular medium was redissolved in deionized water and extracellular polymers were precipitated by adding ethanol to reach a final concentration of 80%.’
- ‘The dried pellets were redissolved in 1 ml water.’
- ‘The supernatant was used for soluble sugar determination and the last pellet was redissolved in distilled water for starch determination.’
- ‘Total lipid was extracted into chloroform-methanol, dried under a stream of nitrogen and redissolved in isopropanol.’
- ‘The freeze-dried samples were redissolved in 0.2% hydroxylammonium chloride.’
- ‘The heroin is filtered, washed with water, and redissolved in boiling water containing citric acid and charcoal.’
- ‘Twice, the sample was redissolved in water and redried under vacuum to remove any remaining acid.’
- ‘THH extract was redissolved in sterile distilled water before use according to the doses required.’
- ‘DNA was redissolved in 100 l of sterile water and stored at 4°C.’
- ‘The cell-free filtrates were freeze-dried and redissolved in deionized water.’
- ‘The crystals were harvested by centrifugation and redissolved in water.’
- ‘The residue was redissolved in 1 ml distilled water and used for total soluble carbohydrate determination.’
- ‘The aqueous phase was collected by centrifugation, dried under vacuum, and redissolved in 0.7 ml of water.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.