One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A North American tree of the pea family, with pink flowers that grow from the trunk, branches, and twigs.
- ‘They were few and far between, mostly redbuds in bloom.’
- ‘Shorter trees are eastern redbud, flowering dogwood, American hornbeam, and eastern hop hornbeam.’
- ‘Eighty new trees will be planted, Kousa dogwood, Eastern redbud, downy serviceberry, sourwood, Yoshino cherry, and tulip poplar among them.’
- ‘The 24 affected species included oaks, red maple, and redbud.’
- ‘You'll get a hankering to come back every year in early May when the redbuds open and the dogwoods bloom.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.