One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A red earthworm used in composting kitchen waste and as fishing bait.Also called red wiggler
- ‘Fishing a groundbait feeder with chopped worm he fished redworm on the hook tempting small carp and tench.’
- ‘The closest you can get to fishing with a natural bait for these timid tench is with the humble maggot and redworm.’
- ‘Finally, add the worms, usually redworms, which are widely available for sale.’
- ‘The classic grayling bait is a small redworm: grayling just love them.’
- ‘Three-inch, dark red-maroon redworms have yellowish undersides and work their way through the top 6-12 inches of soil horizontally.’
2A parasitic nematode worm occurring in the intestines of horses.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.