One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- less formal term for Irish setter
- ‘A 46 year old owner of an Irish red setter noticed that his dog had only one testicle.’
- ‘For six years Jan, the red setter, has been a top mountain rescue dog, taking part in 50 searches and, with her owner Malcolm Grindrod, has found 20 people.’
- ‘We've got a red setter who's the most intelligent dog I ever had.’
- ‘They spent £40,000 converting the garage into a snooker room, installing a new kitchen and adding a conservatory, and another £5,000 securing the garden for their red setter.’
- ‘But the fate of their two red setters, Red and Rua, remains unclear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.