One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A raccoon-like mammal with thick reddish-brown fur and a bushy tail, native to high bamboo forests from the Himalayas to southern China.
Ailurus fulgens; it is variously placed with the raccoons or bears, or in its own family (Ailurudae)Also called lesser panda
- ‘Recent DNA analysis indicates that giant pandas are more closely related to bears and red pandas are more closely related to raccoons.’
- ‘The red panda lives in the bamboo forests of the Himalayan and Heng-Duan Mountains.’
- ‘There, on a steeply sloping site, we saw animals ranging from fierce tigers and lions to some very cute red pandas.’
- ‘Among the world's botanically richest sites, the sanctuaries are also home to other endangered animals such as the red panda and the snow leopard.’
- ‘The red panda, which inhabits southwestern China, is an endangered species.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.