One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A variety of ocher, especially used for coloring or dyeing.
- ‘The most traditional way of coloring the runes would be with red ocher.’
- ‘Forensic tests on the red stuff have identified it as red ocher and vermilion tempera paint.’
- ‘The eye specialists would treat it by applying a mixture of sodium carbonate, black mascara, and red ocher.’
- ‘Calysta combed her hair, applied kohl to her eyes, and red ocher on her lips.’
- ‘Rough and lipstick made of red ocher was lightly brushed onto my face.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.