One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A variety of ocher, especially used for coloring or dyeing.
- ‘The eye specialists would treat it by applying a mixture of sodium carbonate, black mascara, and red ocher.’
- ‘Forensic tests on the red stuff have identified it as red ocher and vermilion tempera paint.’
- ‘The most traditional way of coloring the runes would be with red ocher.’
- ‘Rough and lipstick made of red ocher was lightly brushed onto my face.’
- ‘Calysta combed her hair, applied kohl to her eyes, and red ocher on her lips.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.