The temperature or state of something so hot that it emits red light.
- ‘Forge welds made by blacksmiths were made by heating the parts to be joined to a red heat considerably below the molten temperature.’
- ‘She parked up on a ridge a mile from Cail, and through binoculars, scanned the dead soil and red heat.’
- ‘Think of a needle, heated to a glowing red heat, plunged deep into your joints and then jiggled and wiggled about for your amusement.’
- ‘She felt calm as she gazed into the red heat of the flames that danced around, licking the wood.’
- ‘The metal slowly becomes long and smooth, the red heat slowly escaping from it.’