Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The most common and most widespread hawk of North and Central America, with a reddish tail.
- ‘Inland airports are havens for other species like Canada geese and red-tailed hawks.’
- ‘Instead they are eaten primarily by large birds, such as great-horned owls and red-tailed hawks.’
- ‘Keep your eyes peeled for desert tortoises, wild burros and red-tailed hawks, and bring plenty of water.’
- ‘It also provides breathing room for raptors such as prairie falcons, golden eagles, and red-tailed hawks.’
- ‘If you see the red tail on an adult red-tailed hawk, one of the most common hawks in these parts, you don't have to look any further.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.