One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An electrical device which converts an alternating current into a direct one by allowing a current to flow through it in one direction only.
- ‘Probably the best known use of silicon is in transistors, photovoltaic cells, rectifiers, and other electronic devices.’
- ‘Thus the outward rectifier does not contribute to the resting conductance.’
- ‘Our rectifiers have software controls, and we use 30% fewer components because of our software base.’
- ‘Electric current, on the other hand, can be restricted to one-way flow, as in a rectifier or diode.’
- ‘Examples include self-winding wristwatches and rectifiers in electrical circuits.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.