Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[attributive] Relating to or affecting the rectum.‘rectal cancer’
- ‘She frequently had abdominal pain and cramping, hard stools, and rectal pain and pressure.’
- ‘Not everyone needs to be tested for precancerous polyps and colon and rectal cancer.’
- ‘These swollen and inflamed veins in your anus and rectum are another source of rectal bleeding.’
- ‘It leads to multiple rectal and colon cancers in early adulthood for almost all of those affected by the condition.’
- ‘Symptoms are similar to those of prostate enlargement, and on rectal examination the gland is felt to be very hard and irregular.’
- ‘Clearly rectal cancer surgery represents a greater technical challenge than colonic surgery.’
- ‘If these growths go untreated, you have an almost certain chance of developing colon and rectal cancer.’
- ‘Six months ago, at the age of 39, I was diagnosed as having rectal cancer.’
- ‘A fiber-rich diet may also play a part in lowering your risk of colon and rectal cancer.’
- ‘The two treatment groups had different risks of developing rectal cancer but not of developing cancer elsewhere in the colon.’
- ‘The tumour is often palpable on rectal or abdominal examination, and malignant ascites may also be evident.’
- ‘Prostate enlargement is confirmed by a rectal examination with a finger.’
- ‘If a hemorrhoid begins to stick out, gently push it back into the rectal canal.’
- ‘Many of these symptoms may be due to another condition, such as piles or even rectal or bowel cancer, so it is important to see your GP as soon as possible.’
- ‘Rectal examination is essential if the medical history suggests a disorder in the lower abdomen, pelvis, lower rectal or anal region.’
- ‘There are other research findings on prevention of colon and rectal cancer.’
- ‘In addition, high fruit intake was associated only with a reduction in rectal cancer.’
- ‘The management of a sexually acquired rectal discharge parallels that of urethritis.’
- ‘Fifteen percent of colorectal cancers can be detected by digital rectal examination.’
- ‘If you have colon or rectal cancer, you may require this surgery to remove your lower colon and rectum.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.