One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The act of considering something again; review.‘a careful reconsideration of the existing approaches’
review, re-examination, reassessment, re-evaluation, reappraisal, rethink, another look, a fresh look, relookView synonyms
- ‘This new situation leads to a reconsideration of national security risks and threats.’
- ‘Now, less than three years after his death at the age of 89, a vigorous reconsideration of his significance is under way.’
- ‘However, upon reconsideration, she said that perhaps such a bylaw would affect her.’
- ‘There needs to be a review of all of this and a reconsideration of the role of the director of Central Intelligence.’
- ‘Lord Justice Sedley upheld the argument and referred the case back to the county court for reconsideration.’
- ‘In conclusion, the government has some serious reconsideration to do.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.