One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Capable of being reconciled; compatible.‘the two propositions are hardly reconcilable’‘the theory was quite reconcilable with industrialization’
compatible, consistent, congruous, congruent, consonantView synonyms
- ‘He has resigned because he no longer believes that the strategy of our party is reconcilable with his republican beliefs.’
- ‘That principle is simply not reconcilable with the principles of our republic.’
- ‘Unfortunately, that requirement isn't fully reconcilable with other vital interests.’
- ‘Looked on from this angle, European politicians' perception that the two values are reconcilable is surprising.’
- ‘But such trust is scarcely reconcilable with Kant's soberly realistic description of the politics of his own time.’
- ‘As the negotiations begin, it is still not clear whether Kiley's interests and those of the bidders are, in fact, reconcilable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.