One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This is done without requiring any recompilation of user applications.’
- ‘Generally, applications are optimised to run on a particular platform; so it is feasible that recompilation could result in a hit on performance.’
- ‘At the same time, it requires recompilation every time you change the included feature set; there is no notion of dynamically adding or deleting modules from the system.’
- ‘It allows these applications to run, without recompilation, under a 64-bit operating system in long mode.’
- ‘Another feature allows the application being debugged to skip recompilation; simply preload the library.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.