One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Anti-depressants are not always recommendable because though they may alleviate depression they may trigger a manic high in the process.’
- ‘So, besides being expensive, it is not recommendable to eat euro notes.’
- ‘The high quality of this concert and the limited seating facilities of the venue make early booking extremely recommendable.’
- ‘Here are some recent publications that we purchased, reviewed and considered interesting and recommendable.’
- ‘Computer science students, IT consultants and business managers will find valuable material in this highly recommendable book.’
- ‘A full German libretto with an English translation makes this reissue recommendable even to collectors acquainting themselves with this opera for the first time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.