One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
DNA that has been formed artificially by combining constituents from different organisms.
- ‘The identification of specific DNA genes for desirable traits and the transfer of those genes into another organism became known as recombinant DNA technology or genetic engineering.’
- ‘They are small, discrete, circular portions of DNA, which have the ability of accepting portions of recombinant DNA, and also have the ability of being readily exchangeable between micro-organisms.’
- ‘In order to express a particular protein using recombinant DNA, one needs enough information regarding the gene encoding the protein, so that additional vector DNA segments can be recombined with the gene to effect protein expression.’
- ‘Standard protocols were followed for experiments involving recombinant DNA.’
- ‘The basis of the term recombinant DNA refers to the recombining of different segments of DNA.’
- ‘Gene flow is the transfer of recombinant DNA incorporated in genetically modified plants into wild populations.’
- ‘Standard methods were used for the manipulation of recombinant DNA.’
- ‘Transfection is a process whereby nucleic acid, primarily as recombinant DNA of known sequence and functionality, is placed in a target cell.’
- ‘The first part of the book gives a brief history of genetic engineering and summarizes the techniques used to integrate recombinant DNA into the plant genome.’
- ‘This gave rise to the genetic revolution, including recombinant DNA technology and gene therapy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.