One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It ran for four years and explored the feasibility of retrieving speech documents by using the output of an automatic speech recognizer.’
- ‘Early speech-recognition systems were discrete speech recognizers requiring users to pause between each word for 200 milliseconds.’
- ‘Once the patterns are established, the recognizer can make the matches and guess that a speaker is angry because they are speaking louder and with exaggerated emphasis.’
- ‘The software contains a speech recogniser that converts the audio signal into the lip movements of the animated face on a PC screen.’
- ‘Feature recognizers check the headers or the body of the e-mail looking for patterns that human beings have identified as markers of spam or non-spam mail.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.