One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Based on the physician's response and receptiveness, the victim may or may not choose to tell others.’
- ‘There's been a huge receptiveness to this event, which is what makes it that much more likable from our perspective.’
- ‘This receptiveness led him to spend more time in Berlin and now, with a pregnant girlfriend there and a gallery that eagerly promotes his work, he has made the city his second home.’
- ‘Public receptiveness to this debate cannot be guaranteed if every asylum seeker is to be viewed as a potential terrorist.’
- ‘Researchers found that a midday siesta is all you need to return your brain to its early morning, wide-awake state of receptiveness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.