One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
At a recent time; not long ago.‘I recently bought a CD player’‘until recently he was an architect’
not long ago, a short time ago, in the last few days, in the last few months, in the last few weeks, in the past few days, in the past few months, in the past few weeks, a little while backView synonyms
- ‘Until recently these institutional reforms were to be the only items on the agenda.’
- ‘Dean recently lost his job in a sports shop and applied to join the fire service.’
- ‘I have recently had hip surgery and my doctor has told me I cannot travel for a while.’
- ‘Take a look at the top end of Barkerend Road and see how many houses have come on to the market recently.’
- ‘One of our local pubs has recently closed down after having had ten licensees in five years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.