One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A long scarf covering the head and shoulders, traditionally worn by Spanish-American women.
- ‘So you see women on the streets in the hot sun wearing Vietnamese straw-brimmed hats, and moms in rebozos cuddling their kids, and so on.’
- ‘Many rural women wear a shawl, called a rebozo, and a simple dress or a skirt and blouse.’
- ‘Men and women wear the poncho, and women wear shawls called rebozos.’
- ‘Rather than using colorful cloth rebozos to carry infants on their backs, they now use baby carriages.’
- ‘Standing outside, his wife crossed herself as they passed and pulled her rebozo tight around her grey hair.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.