Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A player who rebounds the ball or is especially proficient at doing so.
- ‘Both players are pretty good defensive rebounders for point guards.’
- ‘Put two good rebounders close to the basket and designate one player to box out the shooter.’
- ‘His dominance is now greater as a defensive player and a rebounder than it's ever been in his career, which is a maturation on his part.’
- ‘The rebounder throws the ball off the glass, rebounds, pivots and throws a baseball pass to the runner from the lay up line heading for the basket at the other end.’
- ‘The rebounder should protect the ball rather than dribble it.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.